[opencms-dev] User out of group? possible?

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Nov 17 21:15:01 CET 2003

ambiesense at gmx.de wrote:
> Can I add a user which does not belong to any group (like
> addUser("me","mypasswd",null,"")) ?
>
> If not how do I need to handle this? For example does OpenCMS has a
> defaultgruop, which I have to use?

What group does Guest belong to?

I usually create a group that all of my users will belong to by default.

> Does anybody know where I can find more to read about implementation
> specific (code example based) material to read about this?

I'm attaching a couple of classes that I use to create WebUsers (note
that to change the code from WebUsers to regular Users all you have to
do is change cms.addWebUser to cms.addUser) There's nothing particularly
special about any of the code... it's pretty straightforward.

I'm also including the password generation utility so that the password
code will make sense. If you need password generation stuff, you'll have
to download the jar (URL is in the code) from Ostermiller.org

> Does somebody has example programs / or parts to offer to get a start into
> it?

 From the code I provided, all you need to do is create JSPs that
construct and use the classes. However, you may find it more beneficial
to use my code as a reference for your own use.

If anyone finds this code useful enough to post on the forums, feel free.

Matt