[opencms-dev] User out of group? possible?

ambiesense at gmx.de ambiesense at gmx.de
Tue Nov 18 18:45:02 CET 2003

Hallo Matt,

thank you for providing your sourcecode but it seems not to solve my
question. To relate my question/request to your source example I would need a code
example of a program using your code. How can the a (web)user be created using
a default group, if I do not know additional info (the Hashtable).

I have this code line:

cmsObject.addUser("mylogin", "mypassword", null, null, null, 0);

which does not work since the OpenCMS is complaining not to know a null
group (which is true). Can I use a default group (if no group is known)? Is the
only flag one should use here the enable flag for the user(C_FLAG_ENABLED) and
how do I handle the fact that I do not want to store any additional user
info.

Maybe you can just provide me some working examples for the line aboth?

Thanks,
Ralf