[opencms-dev] Problem with mysql connection

Tim Cavanagh timcavan at tafe.sa.edu.au
Wed Nov 19 06:38:01 CET 2003

Hi

I am trying to install openCMS on my laptop running OS X, mysql, tomcat etc
(all pretty late versions). Anyway, I change the encoding of OpenCMS to
MacRoman to match my tomcat installation and this is fine and the db
installs with all the tables and records. No errors are in the install log.

When I click the "To start OpenCms click here" after the install it throws a
status 500 error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

If I dig further I see:
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed error:
Database init failed.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error.
Detailed error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 34 Registry error. Detailed
error: couldn't init registry.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed
error: Cannot parse XML file "null". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
Premature end of file..

On going through the tomcat logs the only error I can see is this one:
The scratchDir you specified:
/Library/Tomcat/work/Standalone/localhost/webdav is unusable.

Any ideas????

Many thanks

--

Regards

Tim Cavanagh
Technical Coordinator
MindMedia
Douglas Mawson Institute of Technology
1 Mundy St
Port Adelaide
SA 5015

Phone +618 83032669
Fax   +618 83032667

"What can be done with fewer assumptions is done in vain with more"
William of Ockham