[opencms-dev] Cleaning paste from word document - Re-configure jTidy

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 09:01:01 CET 2003

Thanks Chase,

That is the process I have been recommending before,
but you know how the people are like - they want they
life as easy as possible.

I am still hoping that there must be a way to do this
with jTidy, since that is what jtidy is for and
opencms uses it already. As far as I can see the
com.opencms.htmlconverter class is an obvious place to
do it, since it is called everytime you save from the
WYSIWYG. Can anyone confirm if I am going to the right
direction with this?

Olli

"Urich, Chase" <ChaseUrich at letu.edu> wrote:-----BEGIN
PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I find the easiest thing to do (and what we recommend
to our users) is
to copy and paste into Notepad, then copy that into
OpenCMS. It will
strip any formatting and allow you to do that in the
CMS. As for any
automated "cleanup", I'd be interested in it if it
would make changes
before publishing (so a user can see it in the offline
project).

Chase Urich
Web Programmer/Analyst
LeTourneau University
903.233.3519
GPG Fingerprint: B0F3 F182 59D3 3047 F9B5 2E5B 91C3
CE62 60F9 944D