[opencms-dev] Check partent/parentparent/etc..

Ralf B ambiesense at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 02:24:02 CET 2003

Hi,

is there a direct way using the OpenCMS API to check if a usergroup
(CmsGroup) belongs to a certain parent 2,3, or more levels over it (in terms or
hierachy) or do I need to write traversing code for that?

Example (CmsUser hierarchy):

mygroups
-one
--oneone
---oneoneone
-two

Can I check with one command if group "oneoneone" belongs to mygroups? (For
"two" this is no problem since it is only one step...)

I am only asking since I look forward to make my code shorter...

Cheers,
Ralf

--
GMX Weihnachts-Special: Seychellen-Traumreise zu gewinnen!

Rentier entlaufen. Finden Sie Rudolph! Als Belohnung winken
tolle Preise. http://www.gmx.net/de/cgi/specialmail/