[opencms-dev] Concept Problems of Static Export

Mato 1jomato at terra.es
Sat Nov 22 09:42:01 CET 2003

Hello pals,
I´ve some problems with the meaning of static export. If you would answer this questions...

1. If you have a website in which all the pages uses jsp templates, Is it necessary to make the static export. I don´t think so. I think that I only have to do the static export of the images and the pdfs,docs... Is this true????
2. But if I do this, when I want to make the indexes for Lucene, I don´t have the pages on disk. How can I do this. What my friends told me is to set the static export to true so as to have then on disk, make the indexes, and then set the static export to false. Is this the correct way???
3. Does the static export really mean that the pages in which jsp is used, are precompiled so as to gain in speed??? But if you have for example in that jsps, conditional clauses that show differents contents, for example depending on the user, this doesn´t work, does it?

Thanks in advance. I´ve read the book of the manual, but I don´t have that concept very clear. If you could help me with this questions, or if you have some time to explain in a few paragraphs how does it work, this´d very kind.