[opencms-dev] Choice of CMS

Tim Cavanagh timcavan at tafe.sa.edu.au
Wed Nov 26 01:48:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I have just started to try open CMS and I think it is a great product and
system. I am trying to select an appropriate flexible, expandable and
preferably java based CMS for our educational institution. I have been using
cocoon and a proprietary backend for a couple of years now but probably need
to get a better management system.

So I was thinking of cocoon with Forrest or Lenya or OpenCMS. Has anyone got
preferences or pros and cons between the 2 systems?

I appreciate any insight - I am not a Java programmer but am confident with
xml/xslt and the cocoon concepts.

Regards

Tim Cavanagh