[opencms-dev] Choice of CMS

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Wed Nov 26 06:57:03 CET 2003

Tim,

OpenCms makes frequent use of JSP for writing templates. While many of
them need not be all that complicated, you'd definitely need to gain
some knowledge on how JSPs work. If you have working knowledge of
JavaScript, PHP or that sort of language, then it is worth taking a look
at JSPs.

OpenCms uses very little (none, unless you add it) XSLT. Other than the
components of XML that JSP uses, very little of that is exposed
directly, as well.

That said, OpenCms has a well defined (and feature loaded) interface.
Once templates are configured, almost all work can be done through the
workplace via the browser.

Matt