Antw: [opencms-dev] Extending OpenCMS

Björn Schlueter bschlueter at lenord.de
Fri Nov 28 07:41:01 CET 2003

Hi Joerg,

the features you mentioned are of general interest I guess.
Unfortunately I am not into Programming OpenCMS, but sometimes I send those suggestions directly to alkakon.
I don't know, what they do with those suggestions, but I asked about those features earlier. In case this community is able to integrate those features I will be thankful to use them.

Regards,

Björn

>>> herbst at getit.de 27.11.2003 21:43:07 >>>
Hi,

after gettting the whole stuff running (on JBoss) and after getting a
little more into details of OpenCMS, I 've found some features I'm
missing for a CMS.
The first thing is a "real" workflow: Meaning there are some guys
editing the pages and some other having the final look and saying "ok".
Has anybody ever tried to integrate such workflow or are there even
plans for adding such a feature in the next release?
The second thing I miss, is a way to set some kind of "valid" period.
I've got some pages with different versions for different periods (one
version from monday to friday, a second version starting on saturday).
So without editing the pages I want to have a versions which are only
online a limited time. Are there plans for intergrating such a "time
based versionen" into OpenCMS or has anybody ever tried it? Maybe there
is already some work I can start with.

 Thanks
Joerg