[opencms-dev] installing OpenCMS on Mac OS X

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Dec 5 11:50:02 CET 2003

You need to make sure that the environment is set for the user which
actually starts Tomcat (should be your account if you start it from the
Terminal - if it is started via StartupItems it may be a different
user).

I usually add the encoding setting directly to the CATALINA_OPTS in
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh (or .bat on windows) - this works across
various platforms and works for all users (just remember to check up on
it if you install a new version of Tomcat).