[opencms-dev] Problem with news module v.2.0 and Oracle

Salvador Santander Gutierrez salvador.santander.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Tue Dec 9 10:28:02 CET 2003

Hello, List, I've installed opencms with Oracle 9i and I've changed the connection pool names in the registry.xml to oracleoci, and I had to change the sql scripts. After this,all goes well but when I try to block a new in the opencms log appears the message:

<opencms_info> [NewsBackoffice] : Backoffice getContentLock: Could not write to content definition!

and I can create a new entry when I don`t write anything in the 'text' field or 'long abstract' field nut when I try to create a new entry with any content in these fields a error appears in the screen:

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 4 Sql exception. Detailed error: [com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsContentDefinition] ORA-01465: hexadecimal number not valid
.
root cause was java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01465: hexadecimal number not valid

In the scripts ejecuted I only change the field types by oracle types, and I think that the problem can be that I create the fields text and long-abstract like blob fields instead of 'long raw' because the create table statement in oracle doesn´t allow to create more than two 'long raw' fields in a table.

I need help!!!! Thanks very much.