AW: [opencms-dev] Problems with publishing / Gray Flags

Roth Olivier olivier.roth at think-solve.com
Tue Dec 16 11:38:02 CET 2003

Hi,

I often have a similar problem: resources not getting published and then
being marked with a gray flag.
My solutions for this is to manually login into the database (mySql in my
case) and to kill some of the sleeping connections.
After that publishing is possible again.

The big question is: why is this happening ?
Why aren't these sleeping connections being resumed or terminated ?

Some info about my settings:
- in opencms.properties:
pool.mysql.minConn=10
pool.mysql.maxConn=20