[opencms-dev] Regd: Restricting User & Group privileges

Arul Mani arul at tenth-planet.com
Wed Dec 17 13:01:01 CET 2003

Hello All,

I am new to this OpenCMS stuff, since OpenCMS maintains
a parent->child hierarchy for groups, i am not able to
restrict a newly created user to a specific module/folder/files
etc.,

For eg:.

I create a new module org.test.opencms using user admin.
I create a group named Testgroup-> parent is Project Manager -> which is a
child of group Administrators

I create two users, "User1" & "User2" under Testgroup and the are direct
members of "TestGroup" & "Users".

They become indirect members of "Administrators","ProjectManagers".

Now i change the owner of my module to created user "User1".
I set the permissions of the folder r/w/v to Yes for the Owner
alone.

Now if i login as another created user "User2", i could still
view modify,delete, change permissions whatever the owner
could do,

where am i going wrong???

It will be of great help if some one could pull me out of this

Sorry if itz confusing.

Cheers
Arul