[opencms-dev] Unable To Edit WebPages

Dean Swift dean at communix.com
Wed Dec 17 16:43:01 CET 2003

Georgiana Beju said:

>> Unfortunately, I cannot edit any content. I can publish empty
>> webpages. Expected URLs produce blank output and the HTML source is
>> minimal template. Non-existent URLs create errors, as expected.
>>
>> I have used MicroSoft InterNetExplorer6.0.2800.1106. After allowing
>> popups, I am using Mozilla1.4 (build 20030624). For both browsers, I
>> am not given option to edit webpages. Options are present and
>> consistent in both browsers. No editing options can be selected.

> have you tried to unlock the pages first, in order to have access to
> the
> edit menu?
> does your editor even show up?

Right, that solves one problem and reveals another. I had a conceptual
problem with the locking system. I thought that it worked the opposite
way. Browser problems remain, but I can edit raw HTML from MicroSoft
InterNetExplorer.

Now I am unable to see content after publishing changes. I can change
style templates, but all webpages are empty templates. I am using the
export option. It is definitely not a permission problem. The HTML in
the file system is the same as in the browser and timestamps have
updated.

Finally, many thanks for your prompt response. I expected to receive a
reply tomorrow, if I was lucky.

--
Dean Swift
Communix Limited