[opencms-dev] Using the News Module..

Donald Gover dlgover at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 15:42:00 CET 2003

I'm having a problem when I try to use the News module
I just downloaded from the openCMS site. After
installing the, opencms-templates, opencms-demo and
then the news module when I try to look at the news
with the demo site I get the error at the end of this
note. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Root cause:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile
class for JSP

An error occurred at line: 7 in the jsp file:
/WEB-INF/jsp/online/opencms-demo/en/intern/jobs.jsp.jsp

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/work/Standalone/localhost/opencms/WEB-INF/jsp/online/opencms-demo/en/intern/jobs_jsp_jsp.java:70:
getNewsList(java.lang.Integer,java.lang.String) in
com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsContentDefinition
cannot be applied to
(java.lang.Integer,java.lang.String,com.opencms.file.CmsObject)
    Vector news =
NewsContentDefinition.getNewsList(new
Integer(2),"4",cms.getCmsObject());
                                       ^