AW: [opencms-dev] Using the News Module..

Donald Gover dlgover at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 19:53:02 CET 2003

Well, I have to admit I did install a previous release
of a news module into my opencms. I removed it before
I did install your copy. I also deleted the Database
entries associated with that version. I have looked in
my opencms/WEB-INF/lib directory when I publish the
offline group it moves in to that directory a
rss4j.jar and newsmodule.jar that seem to be the same
as the one in the homepage.news tree. Does anyone have
any idea how to figure out if these jar files are
being used by Tomcat for resolution of the classes?

     Donald L. Gover

> Have you installed one of the other available news
modules in your OpenCms
> system before you tried this one? The Problem is
that this method
> getNewsList(new Integer (2),"4",cms.getCmsObject())
with there parameter
> doesn't exists.
> Well, I added this method to NewsContentDefinition.
However this was the
> only
> change I made and maybe you have another version of
NewsContentDefinition
> already lying around in your system. So you have to
make sure that the
> right
> version is used.
>
> grettings,
> Peter

module
>> I just downloaded from the openCMS site. After
>> installing the, opencms-templates, opencms-demo and
>> then the news module when I try to look at the news
>> with the demo site I get the error at the end of
this
>> note. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Root cause:
>> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to
compile
>> class for JSP
>>
>> An error occurred at line: 7 in the jsp file:

/WEB-INF/jsp/online/opencms-demo/en/intern/jobs.jsp.jsp

>> Generated servlet error:
>>     [javac] Compiling 1 source file

/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/work/Standalone/localhost/opencms/WEB-

INF/jsp/online/opencms-demo/en/intern/jobs_jsp_jsp.java:70:
>> getNewsList(java.lang.Integer,java.lang.String) in

com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsContentDefinition
>> cannot be applied to

(java.lang.Integer,java.lang.String,com.opencms.file.CmsObject)
>>     Vector news =
>> NewsContentDefinition.getNewsList(new
>> Integer(2),"4",cms.getCmsObject());
>>                                        ^
>> 1 error
>>

>> Donald L. Gover
>>

>> =====
>> Donald L. Gover
>
> --
> +++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More
+++
http://www.gmx.net