AW: [opencms-dev] Help!!!

MichalDzirba mdzirba at intercon.pl
Thu Dec 18 13:21:01 CET 2003

> Delete common\endorsed\xercesImpl.jar and copy lib\xerces-1_4_4.jar to
> common\endorsed\xerces-1_4_4.jar
>
> or
>
> rename lib\xerces-1_4_4.jar to common\endorsed\xercesImpl.jar

Frankly speaking im not sure weather the xerces version 1.4 is
sufficient to get the cms running. That is it will run but crush at
times on cals to setEncoding method (AFAIR). I changed to the newer
version of the xercer lib - and the problem's gone (this method did not
exist in the xerces distributed with opencms5.0 binaries)

And another thing - the name of a jar file should not make a difference.
So changing the name should do you equally no good and no bad.

The problem is with the encoding toyare using - ISO-8859-15 as in "The
encoding "ISO-8859-15" is not supported..."

Try not to use this encoding [utf maybe?].

Michal.