[opencms-dev] where to store some data?

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 18 14:21:01 CET 2003

Yes you are right - i suppose when thinking this a bit more the value added
criteria is more the use of workflow and other opencms explorer features.

> What about the performance? If I understand it right, than all the
> objects stored in the VFS, are located in the same table. Would it
> better using different table if the amount of  documents/opbjects
> grows up?

I think you can still use your own tables, even if you use opencms
connection pool, as long as they are within the opencms database.

> Olli Aro wrote:
>
> >Yes. I think you can use opencms database connection pool to
> write your own
> >queries as long as your table in within the opencms database. However, I
> >have not tried it, I normally create my own pool.
> >
> Why did you create your own pool? What are the reasons for such a
> decision?

Two reasons really.

1) I was connecting to other database than opencms.
2) I was too lazy to read the API documentation for using the opencms
pool.;D

So no reasons deeper than that. It would be better practice to use the
opencms pool for modules really...

Olli
---