AW: [opencms-dev] Using the News Module..

Donald Gover dlgover at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 18 20:10:02 CET 2003

Peter:
   Thanks so much that was it! So word to the wise. If
you have any other implementation of the news module
make sure you remove both the jar and the class libs
as pointed out below. Then everything works like the
Documentation.

    Don

well I think the problem is, that when you import a
module, some files get
exported to the local file system. However if you
remove the module in the
OpenCms Workplace these files in the local file system
get not deleted. Now I
can't really tell you, where OpenCms looks for class
files and in which order,
but take a look at this directory in the local file
system: Tomcat
4.1\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\classes. Maybe you find
there the directory structure
com\opencms\modules\homepage\news. If you find it
there, then there could be a
problem.

I would say remove all news modules and delete
everthing in
opencms/WEB-INF/lib that could have something to do
with a news module and delete
everthing
in
opencms\WEB-INF\classes\com\opencms\modules\homepage\news

And then try it again....but don´t blame me, if
something goes wrong :)

greetings,
Peter

=====