AW: [opencms-dev] modules and projects

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Fri Dec 19 13:06:01 CET 2003

I think the only way is to really just try it ... I used the existing
news module as a template to make a new module. However, I have since
realised that there are better/cleaner ways of implementing certain
parts.

Also ... I found that once having worked through an existing module
(changing it to my needs) ... the documentation suddenly became a lot
clearer ... easier to apply.

Jump in ... and then create version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc to fit the
learning curve. I desperately need to rewrite the album module ... but
... time is another factor :)

All the best,

mark