[opencms-dev] Installation Problem: Server configuration denies access to data source

Ritwik Datta dattaritwik at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 11:25:02 CET 2003

Thanks for your prompt reply regarding mime types. Earlier I have installed Open CMS with Orcale DB.Now I am trying to configure Open CMS 5.0.0 with mysql. But while Database and and table creation I am getting following error.

Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
java.lang.NullPointerException

I tested mysql with the root password I assigned using mysqladmin -u
root -p, so it looks like mysql is setup correctly.However when trying to create the database in opencms I get that message. So in installation screen, I am giving Database Server connection user name :root and password: <ROOT_PASSWORD>. and same as in case of open cms database.Can you please send accross a work around?
Warm regards,
Ritwik