[opencms-dev] Ocms 5.0, Apache, Login, Basic Authentication?

Jakob Lemler Jakob.Lemler at t-online.de
Wed Dec 24 16:44:01 CET 2003

Hi,

there were already some mails about this, if there was a final solution
please let me know ...
In the archive I did not found a working answer...

Apache: 2.0.47
OpenCMS: 5.0
DB: mysql 4.0.16
In opencms.properties: auth.basic=true

I want to protect a part of my site. Therefore I created a new folder
and disabled any rights for all users. Only the owner and a special
group should gain access to the content in this folder.

When I now go to the protected folder I get a login-screen (from
Opencms), but when I sent the credentials, in most cases I cannot get
through, only sometimes it works. Seems so that the credentials will not
be delivered the right way to tomcat/OpenCMS...

Tia for any hint!
Jakob