[opencms-dev] Export and Move Module

Mitesh.Mehta at equifax.com Mitesh.Mehta at equifax.com
Fri Jan 2 07:19:01 CET 2004

I am trying to export a module and then move it to a different location
on my server (outside the OpenCMS webapp).  What is the best way to do
it?  I have a few ideas but wanted to run them by the experts here for
feedback.  Thanks in advance for your time and help.

1. Write a separate J2EE app (webapp/servlet) in the same server that
monitors the opencms/web-inf/export/modules directory for changes using
the servlet API and pushes the changed/new module zip files to a desired
location.
2. Find some way for OpenCMS to trigger a call to a Java class (that I
can write) everytime a module is exported.
3. Write a completely separate monitoring application (outside the J2EE
server) that will monitor opencms/web-inf/export/modules directory for
changes and push the changed/new module zip files to a desired location.

I hope these make sense.  Thanks again,

Mitesh Mehta
Equifax Consumer Services
770-740-4304 (w)