[opencms-dev] Static Export, Modules, and JSPs

Mitesh.Mehta at equifax.com Mitesh.Mehta at equifax.com
Fri Jan 2 07:27:01 CET 2004

After several iterations of the reading the documentation, online help,
and opencms.properties comments, I still have some fundamental blind
spot about how static export works on a JSP and how module export
compares to that.  I have tried to look through the archive and found 1
message at
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q4/008278.html that
seemed to address some of my questions but still left some doubts.

Here is my question:

Say I have a file system/modules/my-modules/my-dir/my.jsp.  This is a
normal JSP file (no OpenCMS JSP templates) with some custom tags
(Jakarta Commons) for iterating, conditional logic, validation
javascript, etc.  Now that I am done editing it, I want to export it
another webapp.  What is the best way to do this - static-export or
module-export?

Here is where I get confused:

My gut-feel is static-export will not do what I want but I see the
export=dynamic option that makes me think I can export dynamic resources
like JSPs via static-export.  Yet, when I set export=dynamic or
export=true for my.jsp and do a static export, I do not see my.jsp in my
export folder (staticexport.path=c:\opencms-export/ in
opencms.properties).

What am I misunderstanding?  Thanks a lot.

Mitesh Mehta
Equifax Consumer Services
770-740-4304 (w)