[opencms-dev] Static Export, Modules, and JSPs

Abhishek Tiwari abhishek.tiwari at mensamind.com
Fri Jan 2 11:05:02 CET 2004

Hi Mitesh,

Well as far as I know static export is not for the files where there is
dynamic generation of content.
When i tried to do a static export for my jsp files opencms actually
executed them and exported the resultant html.
So to export my jsp's and other files I use module management under the
administration section where to export my files wheteher jsp, html or
image files I mention the path of my folders, files which needs to be
exported which in turn creates a zip file.
Now this zip file can be imported  in other servers where opencms is
running again using module management.

- Abhishek.

Mitesh.Mehta at equifax.com wrote:

>After several iterations of the reading the documentation, online help,
>and opencms.properties comments, I still have some fundamental blind
>spot about how static export works on a JSP and how module export
>compares to that.  I have tried to look through the archive and found 1
>message at
>http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q4/008278.html that
>seemed to address some of my questions but still left some doubts.
>
>Here is my question:
>
>Say I have a file system/modules/my-modules/my-dir/my.jsp.  This is a
>normal JSP file (no OpenCMS JSP templates) with some custom tags
>(Jakarta Commons) for iterating, conditional logic, validation
>javascript, etc.  Now that I am done editing it, I want to export it
>another webapp.  What is the best way to do this - static-export or
>module-export?
>
>Here is where I get confused:
>
>My gut-feel is static-export will not do what I want but I see the
>export=dynamic option that makes me think I can export dynamic resources
>like JSPs via static-export.  Yet, when I set export=dynamic or
>export=true for my.jsp and do a static export, I do not see my.jsp in my
>export folder (staticexport.path=c:\opencms-export/ in
>opencms.properties).
>
>What am I misunderstanding?  Thanks a lot.
>
>Mitesh Mehta
>Equifax Consumer Services
>770-740-4304 (w)

Abhishek Tiwari                    +91 40 23547826 Ext. 102 (Main)
Sr. Executive                       +91 40 23541447 (Fax)
Mensamind
Hyderabad
India
www.mensamind.com
<http://www.mensamind.com>

DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended
for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended recipient of
this email you must not copy, distribute or take any further action in
reliance on it. You should delete it and notify the sender immediately.