[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5.0 and SQL Server 2000 problem

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Fri Jan 2 09:42:01 CET 2004

Importing the workspace is necessary, i think it basically is the CMS. I
think most likely it is that the new version 5.0.0 rc 2 doens't work but
others (like 4.x) did. This is unfortunate, I was going to attempt a
downgrade but couldn't find the old downloads. I contemplated fixing the
bug (I'm quite keen to contribute to these type of projects) but instead
have opted to install 'cofax' which is designed around SQL Server.

It is annoying, and whilst SQL server is great program it is definitely
excessive for our company needs and has the disadvantage that it is less
supported by OSS (cos it's expensive I guess, so noone has it to develop
with), but I have to work with current systems.

cheers,

Mike.

Message: 6