[opencms-dev] How to upload document to my site and give specific permissions??

Deepa Natarajan deepanatarajan412 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 05:24:01 CET 2004

I have installed and run OpenCMS  and thus far there were no problems.But I am in doubt about how it works.I do have the complete documentation manual and have read it thoroughly.The task I have is to implement workflow, versioning and hierarchy for some documents for my company.
By work flow , I understand, that the Project manager creates a project and the users who are project team members can create documents in their project and forward it to the reviewing panel (which is a new role I have created ) who will review and accept or reject it and if  accepted will send it project manager who will publish the documents and increase the version no. if necessary.Persons in Guest role will only be able to view the docs and make no changes to them.
So first of all can I create a template which will be the general form of my intranet website in which I can upload this document(or documents) and depending upon the user who logs in , specify their task and allow them only those permissions they can have like creation, editingetc.
While creating role and assingning permissions and ownership to documents is not a problem in the explorer view of Opencms, I don't know how it can be done in a manner specific to my organization, like in the intanet site created for our company which I have mentioned in the previous para.
Has this been done previously and can it be done.

Someone who can help me here pls do,

Thanks and regards,
Deepa