[opencms-dev] Login problem with Oracle

opencms-sks at sastry.net opencms-sks at sastry.net
Sat Jan 10 10:40:02 CET 2004

Hello,

I am unable to login as "Admin/admin" after a successful installation:

    = of OpenCms-5.0.0
    = with oracle-9i
    = using tomcat-4.1.29
    = using j2sdk-1.4.2
    = on Windowx-XP

Basically the username/password "Admin/admin" is rejected and I am returned
to the login screen with no apparent errors in either the browser
application nor the Tomcat logs.  However, if an invalid username/password
is provided, the Systemerror page appears with the details showing
"com.opencms.core.CmsException: 10 Unknown User. Detailed error: [OpenCms
login failed]. ...".  Very strange.  So it looks like Admin/admin is being
authenticated correctly, but the application is not going further.

The setup process goes very smoothly; in fact I did both Standard and
Advanced setup.  I placed classes12.jar in ...\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\lib.
I even tried ojdbc14.jar, producing the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.