[opencms-dev] ClassNotFoundException: OpenCms and the MS SQL JDBC driver

Thomas Schroedter thomasschroedter at fiducian.com.au
Mon Jan 12 05:59:01 CET 2004

Hi,

I've got a problem with OpenCms and the MS SQL JDBC driver. I changed the
opencms.properties file to use the Microsoft JDBC driver, but I still get an
exception:

Error while loading driver: [com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver,
com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver]
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
[com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerDriver,
com/microsoft/jdbc/sqlserver/SQLServerDriver]

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

I've tried a couple of different ways to get OpenCMS to find the Microsoft
driver, e.g. placed the jar files in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext/ directory and
altered the environment variable CLASSPATH to include the jar files. I
modified the Tomcat shortcut to include the classpath (-Djava.class.path),
but nothing worked.

In one article I read, that the query.property file could be the
troublemaker.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tom

PS: Beside that, I used MySQL with my first test installation and it was
fine!

IMPORTANT

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, you are prohibited from disclosing, copying or using the information contained in it.  If you have received this email in error, please inform us by email reply and delete the message and attachments.

Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.