[opencms-dev] 2 OpenCms 1 MySql

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Fri Jan 16 22:00:02 CET 2004

I was wondering that myself... is it possible to have multiple
(read-only) OpenCms installations connected to one MySQL DB? This would
make a nice way to cluster/load balance.

I would assume, then, that one box would become the main
editorial/development server -- probably located on a box w/o public
access -- and the rest would just handle serving published content.

The assumption I am making is that locking synchronization with the
database is not fast enough to allow multiple servers to write to the
CMS. Is that correct or not?

Matt