[opencms-dev] How is any Content Management System normally deployed?

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Jan 19 18:48:01 CET 2004

praveen_sadasivam at chennai.tcs.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to deploy Open CMS for a web page. I was told it is good to
> code jsps outside openCMS so that, it will be convenient to modify the code
> as per requirements.

Usually, most of the JSP logic, templates included, is stored in one or
more custom modules. That way, code can be maintained separately from
the files in the CMS, and thus the development machine doesn't have to
have the same content as the production machine.

The JSPs are still "inside" OpenCms -- but are not inside of the main
content area.

A typical module would store JSP templates in the jsptemplates/
directory and the JSP logic in the elements/ directory.

Hope that helps.

Matt