AW: [opencms-dev] What are channels?

Hartmann, Waehrisch & Feykes GmbH hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Fri Jan 23 11:43:00 CET 2004

The Channels are just a way to organize structured content. You have to
derive your content definition from the CmsMasterContent class. Then you can
define a root channel for your content definitions and assign one or more
subchannels to an instance of your content definition. It is just like files
in folders, in fact the channels are just folders under another virtual file
system (called cos). The benefits are that you can show for example one news
item on more than one channel on different site locations, the data can be
stored in OpenCms tables so it is possible to export and import your module
data in the backoffice and you can assign media content like images and so
to your items.

Regards,
Stephan