[opencms-dev] Edit Error 404 Resource not Available (SOLUTION )

Michael Nork mnork at recursionsw.com
Fri Jan 23 18:15:02 CET 2004

Greetings,

The solution is as follows:

1) Remove the file
   (don't know if it is necessary but it is removed in my environment)
    %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar
   With the file
    %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib/xerces-1_4_4.jar

2) Rename the file
    %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xerces-1_4_4.jar
   to:
    %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar
   (don't know if it is necessary but it is renamed in my environment)

3) Download the file LEdit211.ip from
    http://www.aysoft.com/ledit.htm

4) Install LEDIT32.DLL into
    C:\windows\system32
   (My gut feel is that this is what fixed it.)

Another note, this was performed on a fresh install.

Experience the joy that is a functional OpenCMS install.

Michael
> It is pitch black,
you are likely to be eaten by a grue...