[opencms-dev] Uploading an old system

Michael Goodwin mgoodwin at amadeus.net
Mon Jan 26 12:30:02 CET 2004

http://dev.pro.amadeus.net/stuff/

I wrote something (in Java) to create the necessary files and the manifest
from an old website (you have to provide methods for extracting which bits
of information maps to which body).

From:  M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>@opencms.org  on 23/01/2004
       11:11 MST

Please respond to opencms-dev at opencms.org

Sent by:    opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org

 To:    opencms-dev at opencms.org

 cc:

 Subjec Re: [opencms-dev] Uploading an old
 t:     system

If you want to translate all of the XML _before_ loading them, you could
use a XSLT converter. On UNIX/Linux, xsltproc would do the trick.
Something like this would do the trick.

for file in *.xml;do
   xsltproc -o $file.html $file mystyle.xsl
done

However, if you wanted to do the XSL transformation inside of OpenCms
(via a JSP template or something), that should work as well. You may
want to look at writing a module specifically for that task,as I would
imagine you could get a lot of reuse out of it. Also, you could
implement a lot of it in Java and (if you were really ambitious) write a
taglib to make things _really_ easy.

Matt