[opencms-dev] Replaced xercesImpl, now getting error 404 on e diting HTML.

Michael Nork mnork at recursionsw.com
Fri Jan 23 20:13:01 CET 2004

Probably for the same reason it is so hard for you to read the original post
and follow it.
Since you seem a little slow let me quote it for you..

<quote>
  I have replaced
    %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar
  with
    %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib/xerces-1_4_4.jar
</quote>

Oh wait that's in the subject line, how careless of me to assume you would
read it...

Oh yea there is this line to:

<quote>
  Moved
      %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar
      %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/old_xerces/xercesImpl.jar

  Moved
     %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib/xerces-1_4_4.jar
     %CATALINA_HOME%/common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar

  No Luck
</quote>

Lets see, that would
1) remove the old xercesImpl.jar
2) copy the xerces-1_4_4.jar as xercesImpl.jar

Oh yea, that was at the bottom of the post.
I'm sure you had already solved the issue before you read that far and
decided you were right.

To compound matters that did not solve the problem, unless you are
intimating that Tomcat somehow can access a directory it knows nothing
about.  Since the files are still there then that must not be the problem.

In case you missed my intent I gave a full description of the steps I had
taken just in case someone out in the community was interested in helping
(which I might add they did).  I guess it was just too much information for
you to digest.

Anyway sorry to spam the rest of you on this list with this tirade, I just
detest sniping.

-Michael

>It is pitch black,
You are likely to be eaten by a grue