[opencms-dev] A view Lucene beginner questions!

RaEmanuel at aol.com RaEmanuel at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 16:36:01 CET 2004

Dear List,

I would like to implement and use the Lucene search engine module. Therefore
I´ve downloaded and installed the actual version 1.3 but unfortunately I think
that a few informations are missing.

1) Where can I find a documentation to build the correct config file
(registry.xml)?

2) Should I use the version 1.3 or the version 1.4 I´ve found under
http://www.aleph-null.tv/downloads/contribs/beffe/ ? What are different?

3) How do I index PDF-, DOC- and XLS-Files?

4) I´ve defined the element <directory location="/"> in registry.xml. This
should be the standard VFS-location. After start of the test script
"simple_search.jsp" I receive only the message "No result found". Why?

Many thanks for any hint!

ray