[opencms-dev] Re: getting started - problems with WYSIWYG

Alexander Grotzsch Alexander.Grotzsch at web.de
Mon Feb 2 13:43:01 CET 2004

OK, sorry everyone for posting in german to the list. Here is what I wrote in english:

We are appearing to be using OpenCMS in the version 5.0.0. I can unfortunately not say which build exactly, as the system is not installed on my PC but on the PC of a friend of mine.
The webapplication name is "opencms" at least I am logging in via the adress http://<hostname>:<port>/opencms/opencms/system/login
I unfortunately do not know the name of the database running behind the CMS, as again OpenCMS is not installed on my own PC.
Hope anyone can help me with these information?

As to "structured contents" following:
The main reason to use a CMSystem is to divide an internet presentation into the actual contents of it and into the form, the structure in which the contents should be presented. Both types of information should be saved into a database (correct me if I'm wrong)
Well, this is exactly what I am intending to do! I have installed everything (hopefully correctly) I can login as Admin, I have created a new project, but that is (very unfortunately) all!
How can I define such a structure (in OpenCMS template) and how can I fill it with contents. Most important of all: When trying to do so during my first steps, how can I watch the results? How can I create an internet-page which combines contents and my templates?

Thanky for any help
Alex