[opencms-dev] Re: getting started - problems with WYSIWYG

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Mon Feb 2 13:50:02 CET 2004

Hi Alexander,

> Alexander Grotzsch>
> OK, sorry everyone for posting in german to the list. Here is what I
> wrote in english:

that`s also better for you, most of the people reading this mailinglist
don`t speak german, some do :-)
> We are appearing to be using OpenCMS in the version 5.0.0. I can
> unfortunately not say which build exactly, as the system is not
> installed on my PC but on the PC of a friend of mine. The
> webapplication name is "opencms" at least I am logging in via the
> adress http://<hostname>:<port>/opencms/opencms/system/login I
> unfortunately do not know the name of the database running behind the
> CMS, as again OpenCMS is not installed on my own PC. Hope anyone can
> help me with these information?

the database name ist in default "opencms"

> The main reason to use a CMSystem is to divide an internet presentation
> into the actual contents of it and into the form, the structure in
> which the contents should be presented. Both types of information
> should be saved into a database (correct me if I'm wrong) Well, this is
> exactly what I am intending to do! I have installed everything
> (hopefully correctly) I can login as Admin, I have created a new
> project, but that is (very unfortunately) all! How can I define such a
> structure (in OpenCMS template) and how can I fill it with contents.
> Most important of all: When trying to do so during my first steps, how
> can I watch the results? How can I create an internet-page which
> combines contents and my templates?

please install the Interactive Documentation Module from alkacon.com then
install the Module with the Template development Tutorial. Follow the
steps and that`s it. It`s quite simple and the tutorials are very good.
Another place to get informations is opencms.al-arenal.de and
opencms-forum.de
Hope this helps you a bit

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG