[opencms-dev] Opencms's Some Bugs and My Solutions

Jiabo Lao laojb at sohu.com
Fri Feb 6 05:06:01 CET 2004

Hi,all,
    I have experienced OpenCms5.0 for about 3 months,I found some problems ,
I read almost all the source codes  and corrected some of them ,also
enhanced some functions , the follow sections descripte it:

    1.How to display Opencms workplace in Chinese.
    Chinese is encoded as double bytes (it is the same for Korean and Japanese),the
encoding is "GB2312" or "GBK"(the extend of GB2312).In theory,we change the property file
name "workplace.properties" to "workplace_zh.properties",translate the content from english
to chinese and modify the "defaultContentEncoding=GBK" in opencms.properties,so Opencms
System will display Chinese very ok.
    But in fact,System does not display the Chinese in the right encoding!It still set the
contentType to "ISO8859-1".So I must force the encoding to "GBK" in OpenCmsHttpSerlet.java then
doGet() method is being invoked.

    2.About Static Export.
    I never find detail explanation of how to export a url with parameters in opencms's document.
It is very difficult for me to understand how it work in class CmsStaticExport. I think it is much
more complex than it work.I cutted down some code so export a url with parameters such as
"a.html?b=2&w=3" in the right result.
    Also,The class lack a method to export a page but without export of the link in the content.
In some real work,sometimes,we only need to export just a page , not all the pages related with this page.

    This is my first bug report to opencms,I will continue to report other bugs soon.

Laurence.

1/05/2004