[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Startup Problems

Kamrul Islam Kamrul.Islam at icr.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 18:55:12 CET 2004

Hi

I had a working opencms which does not start up anymore.

Installed on tomcat 4.0.2, mysql 4.0.13

I am getting the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

ROOT CAUSE

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed
error: Database init failed.
root cause was com.opencms.core.CmsException: 33 Resourcebroker-init
error. Detailed error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
root cause was java.lang.ClassCastException: pool.mysql.url doesn't map
to a String object

It appears to be having some problem connecting to the database.

I have tried accessing the database from the command line and it works
fine.

checked the log file and I have found some errors from the last time it
worked

<opencms_critical> [OpenCms] crontable corrupt. Scheduler is now
disabled!