[opencms-dev] Feedback requested for current CVS HEAD version

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 4 09:08:02 CET 2004

Hi Alex,

Good to see that the new version is now this close to the first release. I
am happy to notice that it is not too different from the version 5, so the
conversion of existing modules should not be too hard.

Couple of questions though: -

- I noticed that the XML for the page item has changed and the bodies are
stored with the page item, not in /system/bodies/ folder like before. Are
there any other fundamental changes like this that I should know about?

- Multi site functionality looks very good. However, are you planning to
modify the user management also, so that the user administration
responsibility can be handed down to the site admins and that way the sites
can function completely independent? Also the workflow needs to modified, so
that the tasks can be signed to the real groups instead of the current
"abstract" parent group approach.

- Also way back when we were waiting the version 5 release, I sent you some
workplace code to handle automatic data expiry (start date, review data and
expiry date function). Any chance including this function this time around?
In my opinion data expiry is very important part of content management.

Good work overall! When are you planning to the first release? Anything we
could do to speed this up?

Regards,

Olli

---