[opencms-dev] Maximal file upload size

Reinier.Battenberg at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com Reinier.Battenberg at mbcac.Mercedes-Benz.com
Wed Feb 4 14:03:01 CET 2004

Hi,

Thanks for all the help, here is the summary:

We are running on windows and had never really touched the mySQL
installation. On windows the mySQL settings are stored in a my.ini file in
the windows directory. This file does not exist by default, but 4 different
proposed configurations are provided in the c:\mysql\ folder.

Because they have a .cnf extension, windows shows these files as Speeddial
icons, but you can open them with a text editor of choice. The one you need
is depends on your expected load on your database.

If you copy one of these files to the windows folder and rename it to
my.ini, then you have to file that contains the set_max_allowed_packet
setting, and you can change it to a size that is applicable for your
installation.

Rgds,

reinier