[opencms-dev] Maximal file upload size

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Feb 11 13:11:01 CET 2004

> Is it only an HTTP bottleneck or a limitation?

It's a http bottleneck.

> The website I'm trying to load is 333MB and putting it in
> /WEB-INF/export/modules returns tracebacks when I try to
> upload it as a
> module.

You must not upload the content as a module but as a "Database import".
Place it in "/WEB-INF/export/" for this (not in the modules subfolder).

> I tried then creating a new module and am uploading
> file to it
> that are zipped and telling OpenCMS to unzip them as they're
> uploaded.
>  This seems to work for zips < 15MB, but largers ones give up with
> tracebacks (below).

This is the http limitation.

> Is there an official way to import existing websites, large or small?
>  It seems odd to me that OpenCMS would not have a utility for
> importing
> websites that already exist.  Perhaps I'm not finding it or there's
> something missing from my .zip file of the website?

Use the Database import, not module import.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts