[opencms-dev] New 5.3.2 version in CVS due later today

Joachim Arrasz info at arrasz.de
Fri Feb 13 14:47:01 CET 2004

Hi,

> I was wondering if I should download the 5.3.2 build?
> Or, is there a less stable version available in
> another area of the CMS that shows more future
> functionality? Our CIO is also looking at commercial
> products, so I wanted to make sure I showed everything
> available.

Version 5.3.2 isn`t marked as a official release. It`s for developers to
decide if the new Features are fine and works bugfree.For you it can be interesting, because the core developers said that in
3.rd Quarter this year the new Release will be finished with some new
features.
> The primary requirement is some quick JSP templates to
> show content entry and multiple presentation views,
> for press releases, etc. - and that it runs on top of
> Oracle. It would also be nice if it was 'skinnable' so
> we can use it for our intranet - is the majority of
> the GUI in JSP?

in fact next release the GUI is in JSP`s, 5.0.1 not.

some more informations about Opencms you can find in a forum under

www.opencms-forum.de and of course on the opencms page itself.

There you also can find a List of Solution Providers for Opencms worldwide.

Actually there just some companies who provide individual module or view
development i think.
Hope this helps a bit

Joachim Arrasz

Synyx oHG Karlsruhe, Germany