[opencms-dev] How to add a new resource type

reed.mccauley at us.abb.com reed.mccauley at us.abb.com
Fri Feb 13 18:58:01 CET 2004

Matt,
Have you tried extending the class to get access to these protected
methods and add new ones?
Thanks,
Reed

Message from M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>@opencms.org received
on
02/13/2004 09:40 AM

02/13/2004 09:40 AM

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>@opencms.org

Please respond to opencms-dev at opencms.org
Sent by opencms-dev-admin at opencms.org

        To:     opencms-dev at opencms.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [opencms-dev] How to add a new resource type

I worked on this for a long time -- I wanted to create a module that
provided generic XML and XSLT types. Unfortunately, too many of the
important methods are 'protected', and I never figured out a way to add
one without getting either compile errors or access violations.

If anyone else knows of a workaround, please tell me.

Matt

Olli Aro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a standard way to add a new resource type
as
> part of the explorer view? Maybe similar to the ContentDefinitions
with
the
> back office modules. I would like to add a new resource type similar
the
> standard text resource, but the edit option would go to my JSP
template.

> Olli
>
> ---

(See attached file: C.htm)