AW: [opencms-dev] Finding a OpenCms suitable web host?

Petr Hollay ph at ethikom.de
Fri Feb 20 10:05:01 CET 2004

Hi,

> Would would be a good configuration? Shoudl we go down the Virtual
> Private server route (128mb jvm pool/heap) or go for a dedicated
> server e.g. http://www.echomountain.com/dedicated/LinuxPE650CE.html
> ???

In general, if your project is not only "3 men - 50 pages" level
but bigger one, let say <20 users, hundreds of pages,
you should be able to manage it with 512 MB.
So surely use dedicated server.

For bigger projects, especially if you will develop some functionality and
not just let people use standard OpenCms editor features, I would recommend
you more memory, 1-2 GB.

But definitely 128MB is not enough for production-level projects.

Best regards
Petr