[opencms-dev] Warning openCMS does not work with j2sdk1.4.2 bundled with Netbeans version

Jonathan Roberts j_droberts at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 13:24:02 CET 2004

All,

I have been attempting to get openCMS working with the bundled version of java and netbeans.

I have amended the version of :
*openCMS
*mySQL
*tomcat

However it looks like the version of java is indeed the issue.   I have removed the bundled version and installed the unbundled latest version, i.e. j2sdk1.4.2_03

This now works - ultimately I'm not sure if openCMS does not work with the bundled version of java/netbeans or with just this version.

I will update if I have time to find this out.

non working install : j2sdk-1[1].4.2-nb-3.5-bin-windows.exe

Regards

Jonathan

Senior Java Developer