[opencms-dev] Forms based Authentication

Scott Newham scott at wranglers.com.au
Wed Feb 25 01:24:01 CET 2004

Hi Folks,

This was asked some time ago, but as far as I know there was no resolution.

I would like to use forms based authentication for my exported site such that various folders are protected by opencms using form based authentication.

Something like:

User requests page within a folder in the protected area within the apache site.
User is redirected to login page within opencms site.
On login, user is redirected back to apache managed site.

This all should be nice and simple, and there is a chunk of documentation out there about authentication between apache and tomcat, but I was wondering if anyone has actually done it and can give me the 30 second howto.

I also assume that the session token will be the same for any pages that the user requests from within the opencms managed site as well.

I am using:

opencms5.01
Tomcat 4.1
Apache 2