[opencms-dev] Xtags Taglib cant/wont use uri inside OpenCms

Alex ! kingofkingston at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:44:02 CET 2004

I am trying to use Xtags Taglibs from jakarta.apache.org.

It works fine outside of OpenCms, but it wont work if I specify the uri for
an xml file, but works fine is I specifiy the complete url e.g.

<xtags:parse uri="/test/test_xml.xml" /> (wont work)
<xtags:parse url="http://localhost/opencms/opencms/test/test_xml.xml" />
(does work)

also I cant use:

<xtags:parse>
  <cms:include file="/test/test_xml.xml />
</xtags:parse>

It generates a "Premature End Of File Error" CmsException. Instead I have to
manually include the xml content (i.e. hardcoded)?

The main thing is the uri issue though. What is going wrong?

(Here is some debug about the uri/context obtained using <cms:info> ):
uri: /opencms/opencms/test/test_xml.xml
req.uri: /test/test_xml.xml
req.element.uri: /test/test_xml.xml
req.folder: /test/

I've spent hour on this and am baffled???

Alex