[opencms-dev] Cache and compression filters for use with OpenCms

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Feb 25 11:00:01 CET 2004

I don't think the FlexCache should be an issue, at least not with version
5.0.1 (that contains some important internal changes regarding the FlexCache
over 5.0.0 thay _may_ be required).

If the OpenCms servlet gets a "normal" request after the filters did process
it, then it should work. The FlexCache only operates internal to OpenCms,
not "outside" or "before" the servlet.

I would give it a try.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/19/filters.html

I know the compression filter will be ok to use, as it compresses the
response according to the browser being able to accept gzip'd content.

However, would it be feasible to use a compression filter "in front" of the
opencms servlet? I'm not quite sure how the flex cache works, so would this
be worth doing, or possible?

Any ideas?

Alex